Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You're My Best Friend... sometimes!


Savannah has a best friend and a boyfriend. She'll admit to both. Today's escapade is courtesy of her best friend, who is most often referred to as "Gracie Lou"... even though her middle name isn't Lou. :) Savannah goes to day care with a ton of other kids, but Savannah and Grace bonded immediately - at the ripe old age of 12 weeks. They talk about one another on the weekends, they love to play together, Savannah knows the names of Grace's mom and dad, Grace gives me a hug every afternoon, and Savannah adores Grace's baby brother. When I walked into Savannah's class at day care this afternoon, her teacher just shook her head at me. If you have kids, you know that's never a good sign! Apparently Savannah behaved very poorly today - fighting a lot with Nickel-nick (aka: Nicholas), downright refusing to eat morning snack, napping for only 45 minutes (as opposed to the 3 hours we're used to!), and pulling a chair out from under Grace (and proceeding to laugh while Grace was crying). Rough day!

This is the conversation that occured on the car ride home:
Mommy: Savannah, were you a bad girl today?
Savannah: Yes I was.
Mommy: What did you do?
Savannah: I... I pulled the chair out... out from... from underneath Gracie.
Mommy: You did what?!
Savannah: She hit her head on the *cold* floor.
Mommy: Did it hurt her?
Savannah: Uh huh. She cried. Mrs Erin had to hold her.
Mommy: What did you do?
Savannah: I had to sit in timeout by the white cupboards.
Mommy: Did you tell Grace you're sorry?
Savannah: Nope.

Okay, so my child has no remorse. And, unfortunately Todd and I are both very bad at controlling our laughter. I had Savannah repeat the story to Todd when we got home. Yes, it's bad that she hurt her friend... her best friend. Yes, she had to sit in timeout and was somewhat punished. No, Todd and I couldn't stop laughing. She's so sincere when she tells her little "stories"!


0 comments: