Monday, December 3, 2007

It only took 3 and a half years...



Savannah was bald for so long - literally until her second birthday - that I hesitated to ever give her a haircut. And after she found a pair of scissors in her changing table a year or so ago, giving herself a the best haircut a 2 year-old can manage, I just sat around hoping the mullet would come back in style. Alas, we've given up hope and needed to try to wrangle the scraggly hair.

After some discussions with Savannah about my recent cut / color (i.e. "Mommy, I don't want you to have brown hair - I want it to be light like mine!"), I took Savannah for her first haircut on Saturday. I tried to prep her in the car, telling her she had to sit still while they cut her hair so they wouldn't cut it crooked. But she wanted it crooked - she insisted... must be why she took matters into her own hands last year! With the bribe of a lollypop and balloon, Savannah was perfect! She sat big & tall in the chair, following instructions from the stylist, and never moving her head. It was adorable... absolutely adorable!

0 comments: