Monday, March 10, 2008

For Tricia...

Alright y'all, it's no secret that I can spend hours and hours "stalking" people online. I've stumbled upon a few blogs that I read religiously, refreshing and looking for updates multiple times a day. Some of them are dang funny women, some of them give great advice, some are filled with heart-warming stories... all of them are mommies. One of the stories I follow is of a momma with CF, her sweet little preemie baby, and one heck of an awesome husband / daddy. To read their amazing story, click here.

So today, via Nate's blog, I was directed to another blog and given this challenge... Here are the things that I can't wait for Tricia to experience:

  • **Baby giggles, deep-down-in-the-bottom-of-her-belly giggles.
  • ** Watching Sesame Street. every. single. day.
  • ** Walking in the door at the end of the day to a little one running, full-steam ahead, with arms outstretched.
  • ** Butterfly kisses. Eskimo kisses, too!
  • ** When a tube of lipgloss and a glass of water are staples on the nightstand, just like mommy.
  • ** The first unsolicited "I love you"... and every one after!
  • ** Insisting that "God is great" is said at the dinner table before mommy & daddy's prayer.
  • ** Hearing her call you by your first and middle name in the middle of a store!
  • ** When chip clips become her cell phone to call friends.
  • ** Why? But why? Why? There's a "why" for everything!
  • ** The pitter patter of footsteps, bright and early on a Saturday morning, because she wants to cuddle in your bed.
  • ** Hearing "you're never never gonna let me watch Dora", even though she's watched Dora and / or Diego every single day for the past four months, and you merely told her to wait until after dinner.
  • ** Hands on hips, pouty lip, sad eyes, exclaiming "well, I'm not gonna be your momma no more"... and when you tell her that you are the momma, she'll respond with "well, I'm not gonna be your friend no more!"
  • ** A light on her nightstand that stays on two hours after she's been tucked in because she's sitting in bed, reading books to herself.
  • ** Being called to her room, two hours after you've tucked her in, after the books have been read, just to hear "momma, will you rub my back?".
  • ** Being corrected by a 3 year-old when counting in Spanish, because Dora is indeed educational.

I could go on and on and on and on... and we all know I'm not shy with words. But I'll stop here. There are so many amazing mommy moments that I can't wait for Tricia to experience. I've never met her, and I likely never will, but she is an incredible woman with inspiring strength and insane courage... she, too, will have a million memories to make with sweet Gwyneth!

1 comments:

Cindi M said...

I like your blog. It's really cute and so is your daughter. I'm from MI too. Found your blog through Nate's blog!