Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

... or lack thereof! My poor child has only had a Christmas tree once in her life and probably doesn't remember it. She was one... now she's four... and we still don't have a tree. Bless her heart! The holidays are busy for us, generally spent travelling to places that aren't covered in snow (hellelujah!). We don't buy real Christmas trees because the house is usually empty for the two-ish weeks surrounding Christmas, leaving a dead tree (and a fire hazard!) to greet us upon our return to the Great White North. And, sure, it would be easy enough to buy a fake tree... but it takes so long to decorate... which means it takes even longer to un-decorate. And that's just not stress I need when returning from the travel that inevitably surrounds Christmas. So sorry Savannah, you're stuck with this...

Yes, there are six stockings going up the stairs.
No, six people do not live in my house.
These are what we call 'decorations', people!

This is the first house we've had that doesn't have a plug near the stairs.
Makes me sad because my garland has no lights. :(

Ah-ha! Lights! On the garland on the mantle! Yea!! :)

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
... in hopes that St. Nick will find us in Alabama!!

For more cute Christmas decorations, head on over here!


**UPDATE: If y'all are looking for the ornament in my header (which are also hanging next to the stockings on the fireplace), you can see how easy they are here!

6 comments:

Denise K. said...

I like the stockings hanging on the stair banister, it looks so festive and fun! (You could always get a table top tree for your daughter's room and she can decorate it! :-)

Carry Grace said...

I love all of your stockings. I sure hope he finds you in Alabama, because that is where I am too!

The Nester said...

Oh i am so wanting to have all of these beautiful stairways that I am seeing today--lights or no lights--it's beautiful!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I love your garland. It's so lush and pretty. Absolutely adorable!

Erika said...

Very cute! I love the ornament in your header and all the stocking without owners!!!

Unknown said...

Your mantle and staircase are beautiful! It looks very festive!