Friday, April 11, 2008

Fashion Fiesta!!

medium button


So I don't usually do these little Mr Linky, bloggy tour things. I just don't. It's not my M.O. But this time, I have something to say...

Hi. I'm Aleesha. And I'm addicted to clothes. It's true. And I have pictures to prove it. If I pass an Ann Taylor or H&M, I break out in hives if I don't go in. No lie. I MUST have it.

Big Mama wanted to know what we all wear on a daily basis... what's our uniform... what piece of clothing we can't live without.

This is my closet. Just for clarification, I'm supposed to share it with Todd. And I do... he gets 1/5 and I get the rest... that's fair, right?! :)




What do I wear? Two words: Black pants. They're my staple. And while I'm sure people think I never do any laundry, I really do own enough pairs of black pants to go the entire week without doing laundry. That's just sad.

I wear them with cute little short-sleeved shirts, ya know, in the 4 months out of the year where there's not snow on the ground...


I wear them with 3/4-sleeve shirts when it's supposed to be Spring but really isn't...



I wear them with sweaters and hoodies in the winter; i.e. October - May. And I own more hoodies than any warm-blooded gal from Georgia should!


But I don't just wear black pants. The Southern part of me loves skirts. Wait, that's not the Southern part of me... that's the SHORT part of me. I love skirts because I don't have to hem them. Can someone please explain to me how it's possible to be 5'4 and still have to hem petite pants?! So skirts it is! And I get a lot of funny looks because I wear skirts even in the winter, with 184 inches of snow on the ground. Look at these... can you picture how cute they are with tights and tall boots?!



I tried to see if I could figure our a way to take a picture of all of my skirts, but I couldn't do it. Y'all, I own 29 skirts. TWENTY-NINE. I just counted. Twice. Because I didn't believe myself. I have purchased nearly all 29 of those skirts in the last 18 months. Oops.

If I'm not at work and it is again sometime in the October-to-May-this-winter-will-never-end timeframe, then I'm likely wearing this exact outfit. It's yoga pants and the world's softest hoodie. Oh, and did y'all know that you can buy Yoga Pants at Ann Taylor?! You can. I swear. I did it. And now I proudly wear them every where. Grocery store. Wal-Mart. Walking the dog. On a flight cross-country with my boss. With no makeup. And a ponytail. Classic.

And shoes, we mustn't forget the shoes! This is my shoe closet. It's one of the three closets in the house that stores my shoes. It's a difficult decision every morning, it really is. I'm in love with ballet flats. I know, I know... there's some rule out there about little short people like me not wearing ballet flats, but I say phooey to that. They're comfy. And cute. And they come in such fabulous patterns!




So that's my closet... err, closetS! And that's my wardrobe. Nothing terribly thrilling. But cute. And comfy. And very interchangeable.


One more note: I hate jeans. I despise them. They are of the devil. I'm too short. And too curvy. And I refuse to get jeans hemmed. But I do own two pairs. And on the rare occassion of all my yoga pants being in laundry, you might just spot me wearing this:

Look at that concentration! And yes, it's jeans. And a hoodie. And curly hair because it's raining. And bare feet because... well, I know it's cold out, but my little tattoo hasn't healed yet.

Happy Fashioning!!

6 comments:

Bruce Frazier said...

Wow. That's pretty intense... and yet you never have time to e-mail friends. Why is that?

Keri said...

I think you're adorable!! And you're not too curvy for jeans...they look great on you! I LOVE your skirt outfits, and I'm a fan of tall boots as well! But I call them hooker boots because I'm inappropriate like that. :)

Keri said...

I can't believe how many people have said that to me, about being pregnant. It blows my mind because I've seen MUCH cuter preggos than I am!! It's gotta be cuz all my pictures are from the side, my thinnest part. LOL!

I've never been to a Tigers game but I'd LOVE to someday! Enjoy the game and maybe you can be their good luck charm so they actually win a game this year!!! :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Love your shoes. Good choices!I enjoyed stopping by your blog. I hope you will come and visit my fashion fiesta!

Anonymous said...

You have entirely too much time on your hands to sit and blog about your closet! But as a girl, I applaud your effort and I am quite impressed at the collection of clothing you've managed to amass! HOWEVER, none of those outfits is quite trashy enough to hang with me when you come down! Guess that means you need to go shopping, huh?! : )

jamie b said...

You are too organized girlfriend! haha! Not really...i am just totally UNorganized. I love your post. I didn't participate in the fiesta, but should have.

I hope y'all are doing well.